Thursday, September 3, 2009

I can't believe I'm doing this!





So... Ben has been telling me that I should start a blog for our family for a while now. Why I am choosing to do it (now) when our life is so crazy busy I don't know! But, this is what's new with BKIB: BEN is the purchasing manager at the IP mill in Mansfield. He has had this job for a few months now and is really starting to get the hang of it. This new position should put us here in Shreveport for a couple of more years. Ben ran his first triathlon sprint last month. He did not like the swimming part of the race, but finished in the time he wanted to. The family is so proud of him! KRISTEN is teaching two year old Sunday school on Sunday mornings. I really feel like even at the age of two, these precious gifts from God can learn scripture, bible stories and songs. All they need is someone to teach them! On Wednesday nights, I teach three year old choir. I have high expectations but I know this will be a great year. The songs are easy and so sweet. On Thursdays, starting on the 10th, I will be teaching beginner ESL. I am taking a bigger role this year and I am looking forward to it. I am on the steering team this year in MOPS (mothers of preschoolers). We meet two Mondays a month. ISABELLA is growing up so fast! She will be three on the 27th and we are having an Imagination Movers party for her. She has three year old preschool on Tuesday's and Thursday's. She calls it "the white school" because the building that she goes to school in is white. It's only been one week, but she loves it. On Tuesdays, she also goes to ballet. She looks so sweet in her all pink ballerina uniform. She is almost old enough to be in the three year old choir on Wednesday nights at the church. She gets to go early because I know her teacher really well! It's me :). She has started cutting out her naps which is hard on me, but that just means she goes to bed earlier at night. BROOKS is a climber! He likes to climb on or in anything. I pull him of the kitchen table multiple times a day. It rally scares me because I know he is going to hurt himself one day, but he is a boy! It is fun to see the differences between him and Isabella at his age. He has the most beautiful dark red curls and big brown eyes. He gets all the women talking about him when we are out in public. He doesn't smile or laugh a lot but when he does, it is so genuine. My favorite is when I am able to catch it on camera. The pictures to the left are of Brooks in Isabella's shoe drawer, Isabella on the first day of preschool. Her shirt says "preschool rocks" and has her name on it, Isabella in her ballet uniform and the last one is of the family after Ben's triathlon.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I'm so glad you are doing this. It's a great way for everyone to stay caught up with each other. The pictures are precious. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT FIRST POST! You are a success already! I love keeping up with you all this way. These pics are some of my favorites. Sure do miss you guys. Hope you have a great time this weekend! Love and Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete